Monday, August 31, 2015

Recipe: Overnight Muesli

Good morning!

Long time no talk, eh? I hope you'll bear with me as I get back into the school groove. It has been a crazy week!

Because I know I'm not alone in the whole "back to school" thing happening right now, I wanted to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes with you!

I'm a BIG fan of Overnight Oats and have made countless variations over the years. A pumpkin version will definitely make an appearance in a few short weeks...

I love that I can make this recipe the night before and that it is ready to go when I wake up. Whoever said "I love sleep because it's like a time machine to breakfast" was speaking to my soul. It can also be portable if you make it in a tupperware or mason jar.

I've tried several recipes for overnight oats and muesli that I love independently, but for this version I combined my favorite parts of each into one SuperRecipe.



I found this Super Seed Mix on my Trader Joe's run yesterday and it will now make regular appearances in my basket. [Does anyone else limit themselves to a basket at TJs in an attempt to curb impulse buys? Don't bother trying my tactic, it doesn't work. Case and point pictured above]. 

This mix is sweet and crunchy and filled with fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids. It would be a great topping for yogurt or oatmeal (or by the handful).


Overnight Muesli

Serving: 1

Ingredients:

The night before, mix:
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup milk (whichever % you prefer)
1/4 plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup of apple, chopped
1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
Dash of cinnamon

The next morning, top with:
Handful of almonds, toasted and chopped (I usually use 12-15 almonds)
2 Tbsp Trader Joe's Super Seed Blend with Cranberry and Coconut Chips

EAT, preferably with a cup of coffee and a side of The Today Show.






No comments:

Post a Comment