Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WIAW #1: Back to School Edition

Hello there friends!

Yesterday was my first day of classes at Winthrop! It was definitely a bit of a shock getting to campus in the morning and seeing it filled to the brim with undergrads. Campus was so quiet and peaceful during the summer!

Because most of my life revolves around food, I thought I'd share my first day of my 18th year of school (do we count Kindergarten?) via a "What I Ate Wednesday" post. Let's get to it!
First day of school! CHEESE!

7:00am: Alarm is off and buzzing! I head to my apartment's sad, sad gym for a quick 3 mile run on the dreadmill. I signed up for a half-marathon in November (more to come on this, promise!) and this was day 2 of training!

8:45am: After a drive to campus with the company of NPR, I scarfed down my coffee and this amazing Paleo Banana Bread courtesy of Peanut Butter Runner. [Note: I just noticed that I used 3/4 cup coconut flour and NOT the 1/4 cup the recipe calls for because I misread the recipe. But I also used 3 bananas instead of 2 because I had 3 very brown ones. I also substituted olive oil for the coconut oil because I forgot to buy coconut oil. By some miracle it still worked really well and hey, we all make mistakes!].

I topped 2 slices of the miracle baked good with Cocoa Coconut Almond Butter from Barney Butter. It was unreal. I've never baked with almond or coconut flour before and was a little nervous but it turned out great (despite my errors)! Definitely not the most attractive loaf of banana bread ever but it is dense and moist (I hate this word but it is so apt here I had to use it) and the higher (healthy!) fat content of the flours kept me full much longer than a normal bread.
Not an attractive photo. Morning photography = not my strong suit.

11am: My first class (Food Composition) goes from 9:30-10:45am. After some walking around campus I spent some time in the library and had this snack in ninja mode. No food allowed in the library! I found it at Trader Joe's and the ingredients are Apples and Coconut. The End. 


1pm: LUNCH TIME! I posted up at a table outside of the Student Union and ate my whole grain, turkey, pepper jack, avocado, spinach sandwich + a side of raspberries + La Croix.


I putzed around campus for a bit before my 3:30-4:20 class - Intro to Dietetics!

4:45pm: Snack time in the car on my drive back to Charlotte! I hate eating in the car, but desperate times...


7pm: Dinner time! I had leftovers of this awesome salad and topped it with grilled chicken. Along with some "celebratory" wine courtesy of Torsten. Creepy label, no?

This plate x 1.25 to polish off the remaining salad!

Last but certainly not least... First day of school Froyo!


The sign at the froyo place cracked me up... GETCHA SOME!


And there you have it! This was a pretty normal/healthy day of eating for me. And yes, a healthy day of eating includes wine and frozen yogurt! Everything in moderation.

What was the best thing you ate yesterday?!





1 comment:

  1. Happy first day of school! You seem to be in positive spirits, which is great :) I ate 4 macarons today (oops.) So good!

    ReplyDelete