Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Recipe: Peaches n' Cream yogurt bowl

Breakfast is 100% my favorite meal of the day. I (way too) often fall asleep at night looking forward to breakfast the next morning.

Not only is it the most important meal of the day (your grandmother was right!), but it's the only thing that has the potential to make me a "morning person."

The peaches from South Carolina this summer seem to be particularly sweet and juicy and I've been buying them in embarrassing quantities every week.

Before peach season comes to an end, I thought I'd share one of my favorite quick and easy peachy breakfasts from this summer!

I give you...

Peaches n' Cream Yogurt Bowl

I hadn't had my coffee yet, hence the vaguely blurry photo.

"Recipe"

Mix:
1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
1 glug of honey (very scientific)

Top with:
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 peach, roughly chopped
Scant 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1 Tablespoon flaked unsweetened coconut

This would also be great topped with almond butter or chopped pecans for some crunch and more staying power.

Serves: 1

Recommended (but not required) serving suggestion: With 1+ cups of coffee.

Let me know if you give it a try! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment