Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekend outing: Windy Hill Orchard & Cidery

It appears the weekend has come to a close and another Monday is upon us. The weather in Charlotte perfectly reflects this. Guys. It has been the dreariest here. I kid not when I say that I haven't seen the sun in 5 days. I actually had a dream last night that the sun came out! It's like the weather Gods heard of my excitement about Fall and all said "we'll show her!".

But I digress...

Gloomy weekend weather called for a festive outing to 1) get me out of the house and 2) remember why I love Fall.

Torsten and I drove (through pouring rain) down to South Carolina to pay a visit to Windy Hill Orchard & Cidery!

It's only a ~45 minute drive from Charlotte and definitely worth a trip.

Hard cider flight (the Rusty Gold was my favorite!) and *hot out of the fryer* apple cider donuts. 

This is probably the most Autumnal photo we will ever take. 

Even on this rainy Saturday there was an intrepid crowd of cider + donuts seekers. There is usually live music on weekends but I think the rain was too much for the band. Alas.


Windy Hill also makes there own Apple and Pumpkin butters (I snagged some of the Pumpkin butter for my oatmeal, yogurt, sandwiches, etc. etc.), cider, pies, apples and more. 

There were also some hogs and hens to hang out with and feed because.... well... I don't know.

If you live around Charlotte you should definitely spend an afternoon at Windy Hill. There aren't any more apples to pick (the season in this neck of the woods seems to peak in early September) but the cider and donuts are more than worth the trek.

And now... if you're reading, Weather Gods -- PLEASE send some sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment