Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower, Farro and Chickpea Bowl

Greetings friends!

I hope you all had a summery and relaxing Labor Day weekend! I spent the long weekend in Atlanta with my family (with a pitstop in Greenville, SC which I will fill you in on this week!).

If you're anything like me, the weekend involved lots of ice cream, rose, burgers and treats. As it should be! After a sad "there is nothing in my fridge" lunch upon my return to Charlotte yesterday, I was craving extra veggies for dinner last night in a big way.

I put together this yummy bowl of whole foods (not the grocery store) for dinner last night and proclaimed it a "great success."

After dinner I eased back into this whole "week" thing with a batch of these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies which Torsten said "didn't even taste healthy" (!!!). If that's not enough to urge you to make these cookies ASAP, I don't know what is.

But I digress... This bowl of goodness would also be great with more roasted veggies, rice or quinoa instead of farro, or even a fried egg, feta, or chicken added in for more protein!


Roasted Cauliflower, Farro and Chickpea Bowl
Serves: 1

Ingredients:

1/4 farro (I used the Trader Joe's 10 minute farro)
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1/3 cup chickpeas
1/3 cup cucumber, chopped
2 Tablespoons walnuts
1 lemon
EVOO
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss cauliflower with a glug (<1 Tablespoon) of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes until there are some golden brown edges.

2.) Heat chickpeas in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes.

3.) Cook farro in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain!

4.) Mix cucumber, farro, cauliflower and chickpeas in a bowl with the juice of 1/2 of a lemon and another small glug of olive oil (2 teaspoons), salt and pepper.

5.) Top with toasted walnuts.

6.) EAT!

Let me know if you try this recipe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment