Friday, September 11, 2015

2 hours in Greenville, SC

I'm deviating slightly from my usual "Strikes my Fancy Friday" post to bring you a little recap of the quick trip I made to Greenville, SC last weekend. Let's think of this as a Strikes my Fancy Friday dedicated solely to Greenville because BOY does it ever deserve it.

I've been hearing a lot lately about the wonders of Greenville and was starting to wonder if the hype was overdone. Well, I'm here to tell you that Greenville is every bit as wonderful as everyone says it is. GO VISIT!

I spent a mere 2 hours exploring downtown Greenville last Saturday on my drive from Charlotte --> Atlanta. It's smack dab in the middle of my two hometowns, woohoo!

I made a list of all of the places I wanted to see/eat at and barely made a dent. The city is charming and manageable in size, but the main thing that struck me was just *how many people* were out and about - strolling the streets, eating at sidewalk cafes, attending a matinee at the theatre, hanging out in the park, etc. It was so lively!

I could gab on and on about Greenville but instead (lucky you) I'll share some photos. Take a look for yourself!

First stop: Methodical Coffee. Very trendy (I didn't understand half of the coffee-making apparatuses they were using) and methodical (read: slow) but incredible coffee.
Next stop: Falls Park on the Reedy. Which is in the middle of Main Street. It comes out of nowhere!

 
See what I mean about all of the people?!
 

  Marveling at the Falls in out patriotic garb.
 
 Beautiful gardens on the river. There is a little French cafĂ© at the top of this hill. Swoon.
 
 
 
Coolest bookstore in the old County Courthouse. This shop had the largest Food Section of books I've ever seen. Wanted them all!
  
Last, but certainly not least, stop. Poppingtons! 1 bag of Sriracha and 1 bag of Salted Caramel corn. This kept us company for the remainder of the drive to Atlanta.
 
2 hours was not nearly enough time in Greenville and I'll definitely be back.
 
Have you been to Greenville? Any more recommendations!?

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Greenville, but it looks adorable! I don't understand have the apparatuses in coffee shops either. We ordered a cappuccino yesterday in Idaho and the barista asked if we wanted it 'wet', 'dry' or 'regular.' <--- Still have no idea what that means!

    ReplyDelete