Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hello, world!

After many months (read: years) of deliberation, I finally took a leap of faith and started my own little blog. Welcome to Delightfuel!

I recently moved to Charlotte, NC and am slowly but surely finding my way around the city. I am going back to school to get my Masters in Nutrition to become a Registered Dietician at Winthrop University, so I'm sure you'll see a bit of my RD side on the blog.



But before you get too worried that we will be all kale and quinoa, there will also be a fair share of wine, cookies, beer, pastries and cheese here in my little corner of the internet. I love to bake, run, read (blogs, books, newspapers, magazines, etc.), travel and explore new restaurants and I'll share some of that here too!



So let's kick things off, shall we?

I have a little break in my school schedule this summer and needed something to keep me busy. After some brainstorming, I decided to take-on some projects following the "____ a week" format. Book a week, fitness adventure a week, cookbook a week... you get the idea.

Like many of you, I have bookshelves filled with beautiful cookbooks, many of which have gone unopened for several years. Pinterest always seems to be my go-to when I need inspiration in the kitchen and thus the cookbooks have sat unloved for far too long. What better time to change this than 6 weeks of summer vacation?!

So for my first blog post I thought I'd share my inaugural "cookbook a week" challenge recipe!

While I initially picked a very ambitious cookbook to start off with (Ottolenghi -- it's gorgeous and had me drooling but was probably a bit intense for my first recipe attempt) I came to my senses and switched to Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes - a novel I read several years ago and loved but had never made a single recipe out of!

First up: Lentilles au Vin Blanc - a refreshingly simple and hearty dinner that was cheap (student budget here!) and easy to make.


I served it with a baguette, brie and (of course) a bottle of white wine.



Definitely cured the Monday blues!

If there are any readers out there - do you have any cookbooks you can't live without? I'd love recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment