Friday, July 31, 2015

Cooking in my Blue Apron

Hey there - it's Friday!

I hope you'll forgive me -- instead of a cookbook this week, I changed things up a bit and had my first ever Blue Apron delivery! I gifted my mom (Hi mom!) a subscription to Blue Apron for Mother's Day and she had a free week of meals to bestow upon one lucky recipient as a result.

This worked out quite well for me as she picked me for the week of free meals! This Thursday I got my first box - my first HEAVY box.

It's worth noting for all of you out there who might try Blue Apron that the Blue Apron boxes are unbelievably well insulated. There was a *snafu* with my apartment's package system and I was unaware that the Blue Apron box had actually been delivered on Wednesday afternoon. By the time I realized this, the front office was closed. I was apoplectic! And I don't use that word lightly. I truly was that excited for my three Blue Apron meals. But low and behold, on Thursday morning at 9am (after I stood eagerly awaiting the opening of the front office to acquire my package and immediately tore it open) everything inside was still chilly and fresh! Hallelujah!

So after a rocky start... The first supper of Blue Apron occurred on Thursday evening!

The packaging for all of the ingredients was so detailed and neat. Organization!

First up... Summer Corn & Vegetable Chowder.


There was quite a bit of chopping involved, but nothing that a glass of vino (Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc - the best) and a lil Pandora (Carolina Beach music station!) couldn't handle.

Cheers!
 
There were 9 radishes in the bed and the little one said ROLL OVER, ROLL OVER!
Vegetables, CHOPPED.

 
After some sautéing and some simmering, voila! Dinner is served.


 
The chowder was delicious and healthy (and also hearty) and so much fun to make! I'm already excited for meals two and three this weekend.

 

 Have you ever tried Blue Apron? Plated? Hello Fresh? Any favorites? Spill!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try Blue Apron for awhile now. It looks like a lot of fun...especially over wine and pandora!

    ReplyDelete