Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Brain Dump

I spent quite a while brainstorming a clever, alliterative title to this post and (obviously) came up empty handed. Thus, I present to you: Friday Brain Dump.

Bookworm
I finished my first "Book of the Week" yesterday thanks to lots of pool time this week. For my inaugural week of this reading challenge I went with a beach-read type book that I knew would be a page turner: Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand. I'm not sure I gained any brain cells with this book but I definitely enjoyed it and had no problem breezing through 400 pages in a week. Next up: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's a bit shorter which is a good thing because...

Homeward bound
I'm driving home to Atlanta this evening to spend a long weekend with my parents and to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday at the Cubs vs. Braves game. More time with friends and family > reading a really long book so a short and sweet book fit the bill perfectly this week.

Caffeine
I stumbled upon an adorable new coffee shop/bakery/bar/art gallery called The Gallery in South End, Charlotte this week! For locals: it's right next to Craft Tasting Room. It just opened last Saturday but would be a great place for a date, girl's night or to study. They have Stumptown Coffee (from Oregon!) and out-of-this-world looking cakes. I'll definitely be back!



Hops
I spent Thursday evening checking out two breweries that are pseudo new to me (I've been once but over a year ago and they deserved a second look). First up: Sugar Creek Brewery! Not my favorite beers in Charlotte but it wasn't too crowded, they had live music and corn hole and an impressive sandwich menu so I can't complain.


Next up was Old Mecklenburg Brewing, the oldest and largest brewery in Charlotte. The beer garden area was lovely on a cool-ish summer evening. I definitely could have used a brat or pretzel though...


WASPS
There were 3 (yes THREE) wasps in my lil studio apartment in the last 3 days. Needless to say, I'm not very fond of wasps so I've been a bit on edge. I'm newly grateful for my magazine collection, tennis racket, and Swiffer Sweeper for being very useful wasp-killing tools.

Sweat
Today, in an effort to escape my wasp-abode, I did this Tabata workout from the Fitnessista (one of my favorite blogs). It flew by and left me drenched -- success!

And that wraps up this week's edition of Friday Brain Dump!

I hope you all have a delightful weekend -- any fun plans??

No comments:

Post a Comment