Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Brain Dump II

It's Friday! Which means it's time for some random musings to wrap up the week...

Smoothie!
I visited Berrybrook Farm for the first time with a friend this week and tried their Pina Colada smoothie - Almond milk, bananas, pineapple and coconut. It was unreal. I'm going to attempt to recreate it at home and will report back!

 
 
Book a Week
After a slow start to the week reading-wise (I left my original book pick in Atlanta whomp) I returned with a vengeance and read The Storied Life of AJ Fikry in ONE DAY yesterday. I loved this book and obviously found it to be a page turner. 

 
 
Snack-attack
I've discovered my new favorite snack! Apple + almond butter + shredded unsweetened coconut. I think I'm on a coconut kick...
 
OUTER SPACE!
I, for one, am pretty stoked about the discovery of Kepler-452b  this week. I think it definitely needs a new name though. At trivia last night, approximately half of the team names revolved around Kepler-452b. Nerds!
 
I went to see this movie yesterday afternoon by myself (!!!) and showed up about 10 minutes early. Summer break - I tell ya. I was the only person without white hair in the movie theatre for the matinee showing and after seeing the film I can say that I was definitely not the target audience. Despite that, I liked the movie (especially Blythe Danner and her wine drinking tendencies) and her rat intruder in her house really hit close to home (see last week's Friday Brain Dump re: WASPS in my apartment).
 
Well that's all folks! Hope you have a delightful weekend.


1 comment: