Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Weekend Wanderings: Asheville, NC

Hey there friends!

I'm all sorts of confused about what day of the week it is thanks to Fall break. Isn't that the best feeling?

I was lucky enough to have my mom, aunt and cousin in town last weekend for a ladies getaway to Asheville, NC! It was a speedy 2 hour drive and we spent most of the weekend walking (being around other people as obsessed with getting their steps in as yours truly is tremendous - fitbits unite!), eating and talking. Lots of talking. No, we didn't visit the Biltmore, tour any breweries, or see any museums. Whoops! 

Here are some snapshots of our anti-tourist/pro-relaxation weekend!


The Fantastic Four.
 

I would like four of these for my apartment. Cocoon me!


We felt the trendiest at this bar - Top of the Monk. Highly recommend! I sipped on a Brandied Pumpkin Sour. Seasonal!


With each cocktail you were given a key that gave you access to a ... wait for it... SNACK CABINET!


Each mail slot has a different snickety snack inside. Pure genius. If only this was my pantry...


After a white-knuckled drive (literally) up to the trailhead, we hiked around Craggy Gardens Bald. Amazing views but oh so chilly! 


Leaf peeping on the Blue Ridge Parkway!

It was a great (but far too quick) weekend getaway. Thanks, weather gods, for coming through with such festive fall weather! Time to whip out my wool socks. 

1 comment:

  1. That bar looks amazing! Surprise snacks with a cocktail?! GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete