Friday, January 29, 2016

The week from my iPhone

Long time, no blog, eh? It's been rather crazy over here with the beginning of the semester and snow(ish)storms.

I'm in a chatty mood, so I thought I'd swing on by and share what I've been up to this week via my iPhone photos. As you'll see, it has been a wild and crazy time over here (*take this with a few grains of salt*). Settle in friends, this could be a long post.


Unless you've been residing under a sizable boulder this last week, you'll know it snowed on the East Coast! While we didn't get nearly as much of the white stuff as my ole hometown (hi DC!) we did get a few inches + ice. The roads were a mess for 2-3 days. I did venture out one day for a peaceful 5  mile jaunt. As you can see, I had the city to myself.


I think many Charlotteans didn't think much of the snow forecast (including yours truly), so when we woke up to the snow and ice on Friday morning I immediately panicked that I didn't have enough food (oatmeal, almond butter, fruit, wine - the essentials) to get me through the weekend. We walked down to Trader Joe's, had the store to ourselves (!!!) and picked up bread and milk (read: Malbec and Scandinavian Swimmer's). Then we were ready for hibernation.


I ordered this candle online last week from Greenmarket Purveying (as a student, this qualifies as a major impulse buy). It finally arrived this week and this candle kept me company while studying for my first Anatomy test (endocrine system and blooooood!). They are hand poured candles and this one smells just like a fireplace!

I apologize for the aggressively close-up selfie buuuut..... After 8 months (I know, I know) I finally got my hair cut! I tried alchemy: the workshop thanks to a friend's recommendation and it didn't disappoint. They give you a free pint of Unknown Brewing beer and are the friendliest people. Also, scalp massage.

NOW, on to some food.

I have been craving a good thick cookie (do you know the kind I mean?) for about 9 days and decided it was time to do something about it. I whipped up this recipe and squelched my craving.

And in the name of balance, this is one of my go-to lunches when I'm feeling indecisive (always). My favorite Eureka Seeds the Day bread (1/2 avocado toast and 1/2 melty Trader Joe's Unexpected Cheddar) + carrots + blueberries. Simple but delicious!


Delicious snack! Trader Joe's Simply Mango + almonds.


Toasted banana bread + almond butter + bananas + chia and hemp seeds.


Saw a lot of this meal this week (thus goes crockpot cooking for one). I made the Fit Foodie Finds 5-Ingredient Honey Sriracha Chicken on Monday and it was super simple and hit the spot! With a side of roasted broccolini and plain quinoa.

And, on a very different note, I'll leave you with some toilet humor (he, he). Saw this sign in a bathroom at Winthrop. I'm pretty sure it speaks for itself.


Have a great weekend!!







No comments:

Post a Comment